Every year, the British Medical Journal (BJM) publishes many scientific reviews. For instance, lately they proved scientifically why there are only old magazines in doctor waiting rooms. This year, they decided to publish a Christmas’ special edition where they studied stupid behaviors of men and women. In order to do so, they took as samples the Darwin Awards nominees. This Californian ceremony rewards the people who chose to improve the human gene pool by removing themselves from it. In other words, the most stupid deaths.
Darwin awards are not easy to get: the facts must be verifiable, candidates must be either dead or permanently sterilized, being responsible for their own actions at the relevant time and have demonstrated an exceptional lack of common sense. For example, someone who shot himself in the head trying to demonstrate the weapon was unloaded cannot win the award; but on the contrary someone shooting himself trying to prove that the weapon is loaded can win it.
The Awards are opened to everyone without any distinction of sex, nationality, religion, race, culture… After 20 years of studies, results cannot be denied: 88.7% of the idiots were men (282 men, 36 women) and therefore science proved that men are more stupid than women.
Here, we made a selection of the funniest (and creepy) deaths:
– A man running after his beer can and got hit by a truck.
– A man jumping from a plane to film parachutists but forgot his own parachute.
– A man electric-fishing and falls in the water.
– A man wanting to prove the solidity of the window glasses. But the window did not resist his shoulder hit and he fell from the 24th floor of a building.
– A terrorist sending a bomb-letter with not enough stamps on it. The letter came back to him.
– A man going into a Lion cage to do 1 on 1 combat.
– A man using grenade powder to do homemade fireworks.
– A mentalist who wanted to prove he could stop a train with his mind.
– A man (Drunk) accepted a dare and decapitated himself with a chainsaw.
Taiwanese had a few contestants in this ceremony: 2 university students were competing against each other to win the heart of a girl. They played a kamikaze-chicken game where both had to ride at each other at 50 mph. The last one to flinch would get the girl. They both won: neither flinched. They crashed and both died. The girl after that declared she was not interested by any of them and was actually a lesbian.
Author: Mr. Gobtair, Elie.